Friday 14 October 2011

Botanical Gardens

Yesterday, in the rain I went to the botanical gardens. Not the wisest choice of day... however it is a really beautiful place with plenty to see.




Even here, you buy your entrance ticket from a vending machine, but a real-life person checks it and gives you a map.




Fancy tickets!

Plenty of floral activity to see - especially in the "useful plant garden".... I should imagine in the spring when the cherry blossom comes out, it would all look amazing.





Lovely flowers to use for detailed drawing for the class I am taking - Japanese painting - the tutor wants us to draw pretty natural things....

But I like stuff more like this:





And I also was curious about this:





I suppose the tree wrapping is for some sort of prevention or protection or maybe some disease treatment. But I liked the idea of caring for the plants and wrapping them up to look after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment