Wednesday 7 November 2012

Writing, eating, not painting

It´s a lot colder and eating more seems like a good idea.

Academic writing and reading also makes me want to eat more.

However the dissertation aspect of my course is relatively small and should really be classed as an essay. Like most things which are daunting, once you get started, you find it is not so bad or hard after all. I like stuff about material culture, objects and general stuff. So I´m writing about some of my furniture.

Something old and something new. An unlikely family heirloom and a cheap piece from IKEA. They are such apparently "normal" pieces of everyday furniture that investigating them seems both fascinating and odd.

 
The sofa. It is probably 30 years old.
 

 
Billy bookshelf. Also 30 years old (the design, not our one)
 
 

 Having not made anything specific to enter into an open exhibition (deadline Friday) I intend to enter something from earlier this year - well it can either be rejected or accepted. Photo to follow.

After handing in some sort of draft of an essay, I am eager to paint from all the drawings I have been accumulating. Pictures to follow.

Kms run his week - 23
Books on loan from the library - too many




No comments:

Post a Comment