Monday 26 November 2012

Bigger Picture


In preparation for this week´s POP UP EXHIBITION, I spent a fair bit of time planning and trialling for an installation I plan to use as part of my contribution.

To be able to set up work like this as a group at this point is a good opportunity to test things out and as always gain more experience - its always a learning process.




Originally I would have liked to paint directly onto a wall but with restrictions of the gallery, its not possible. Looking for other possibilities, I have tried a variety of tape - it should be sticky but not too sticky. I had tried paper strips a few years ago and may opt for that as a last resort. Although it does change the aesthetic - a line is not a flat coloured surface.


 
And then experimentation with things that are not flat. A simple garden net, painted becomes something apart from the wall, a raised form creating pattern.
 
 
 
And then by chance, the idea of an object as part of the composition. Maybe objects from my collection can be used within the space.
 
 
 
Which also led onto trying some paintings and unfinished works in and on the lined wall drawing. This is yet another dimension. It is a case of seeing what works best for what is trying to be achieved. Essentially it is the aesthetic of the materials used and how they create the forms I want that is the most important part, and how that will fit into the space as a whole.
 
Kms run this week: about 24 /no races
Books on loan from the library: around 20


No comments:

Post a Comment