Wednesday 30 January 2013

In search of colour

Looking to document outside colour examples led me on a short tour of surrounding areas picking out things that interested me. Colour has mainly been defined by interior space and plastic forms, pushed to the limit in my bold choices. Recently I wonder however if more muted tones and subtle shades could look just as good. I like the colours found on buildings - each place you visit seems to be different. When I lived in Spain the colours felt quite distinct to what you find in Edinburgh - the light contributes to this also but it all comes together to give you a feeling for the place. Perhaps bringing these kinds of colours into the work will give it a new aspect.


Overlaid with the lights from the bus interior


Blue rust


A hint of colour/dirt


Front door


Metal blue sky


Kms run last week: just 17...
Books on loan from the library: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment